Kidzania: A Thrilling Diversion for Bangkok’s Youngest Visitors
Kidzania brings education and entertainment together to amazing effect. This is easily one of the top attractions for younger visitors in Thailand, and it offers families with children a fresh and original way to have a good time whilst visiting Bangkok. For families staying at Centre Point Pratunam, we highly recommend setting at least two or three hours aside to enjoy the attractions at Kidzania.
This is one of a line of family entertainment centres, with locations in key cities around the world. The first Kidzania opened in Mexico City, and there are now 18 locations in total, the set of which have welcomed tens of millions of visitors since its inception. If your family has ever visited another Kidzania, you’ll understand why the unveiling of the Bangkok branch was such exciting news.
From the outside, this edutainment park appears to be a typical town-in-miniature, with Western-style houses and sky-painted frescoes. But it’s so much more than that. Every building and structure in Kidzania doubles as a learning centre where kids can get involved with a hands-on learning experience. At each station, visitors can try their hand at a different trade.
Kidzania is a full-on community with a seemingly endless variety of outlets where visitors can try out a new profession or practice their trade. There are dozens of positions available. Here’s a brief selection with some of the highlights:
- Arts Studio: Kids can design a product, draw pictures, paint a pair of shoes or create a pop-up greeting card.
- Auto Repair Shop: Play the role of the mechanic, checking tires, servicing engines and checking engine oil.
- Courier Service: Deliver and pick up important packages around the city.
- Disco Lounge: Dance and sing to the latest pop song; it’s a great way to unwind!
- Fire Station: Train as a firefighter and put your new skills to work extinguishing a fire in the model town.
- Flight Simulator: Train as a pilot and learn how to fly and land a plane.
- Magic Studio: Learn the art of illusion and mystify your audience.
- Secret Agent: Become a top operative and test your physical abilities as a secret agent.
- Vet Clinic: Learn the basics of caring for a pet.
There are so many other fun and engaging ways for children to get involved at Kidzania. The exhibits and attractions are fun, but visitors really learn something in the process. It’s a great way for families to spend a morning or afternoon!
Getting to Kidzania from Centre Point Pratunam
Kidzania is located in Siam Paragon, which is easy to reach from Centre Point Pratunam. From the hotel, it’s only a ten minute walk to Ratchathewi BTS Skytrain station, and that’s only one stop away from Siam station. From here, simply cross to Siam Paragon and take the North Lift up to the fifth floor. You can also take a taxi from the hotel. Just let our front-desk staff know, and we’ll help make all of the arrangements.